If you have a Facebook Fan Page, for the most part it’s best to answer and respond as the page itself. To visitors of your fan page, this will appear more official and help them quickly identify the relationship between you and the page.
But there are times when you’d like to respond on your page as yourself. This is useful for:
- Pages with multiple admins and each admin wishes to act as themselves
- You’d like to LIKE something on the page as yourself, not as the page
- You want to respond to a QUESTION as yourself, not as the page
There is a way for you do this and still remain as the Admin of that page. Here are the 3 simple steps to do this:
Step 1: Go to your page and click “Edit Page”
When you’re logged into Facebook, you will see the pages that you Admin right under your profile picture on your Newsfeed page. Simple click on the name of the page you’d like to make this change to. Once you do so, you will see something similar to the image below.
Simply click on the “Edit Page” button and you will be brought to the page customization area.
Step 2: Click on “Your Settings”
When you first come into the page customization area, you will see the “Manage Permissions” area. What you’re wanting to get to is the “Your Settings”. These are the settings that relate specifically to you and this page. No other page, no other admin.
Step 3: Uncheck Posting Preferences and Save Changes.
Last and final step. Make sure the check in the Posting Preferences next to “Always comment and post on your page as…” is unchecked. Then hit “Save Changes”.
This change will:
- Only effect you and your interactions on this specific page.
- Other pages you have will still have you posting as the page unless you do these steps with each of them
- Other admins will still be able to post as the page
- Can easily be reversed
- Simple follow the same steps only this time make sure the Profile Preferences is checked
Good luck and happy Admin’ing on your Facebook Fan Page!